The team here at Westdale are highly qualified and can identify your property’s needs in order to keep your house efficient enough to compete with the new build houses of the future.
Fuel poverty is regularly in the headlines. We are here to help reduce it and to bring comfort to those who need it most.
Our experienced team of staff can come to your home and carry out an appraisal to determine just how energy efficient it is. If your property has any weaknesses with its thermal performance, we can make recommendations on how to remedy or improve your home’s score. We can provide EPCs (Energy Performance Certificates) and GDARs (Green Deal Advice Reports).
Following assessment we will use our expert knowledge and experience to seek out any funding or incentives that may be available to you, to help you carry out the recommendations on your EPC or GDAR. If there is no funding available to you or if the monies you are eligible for are not sufficient to cover the works, we can arrange finance. Some finance packages, such as the Government’s Green Deal scheme, are designed in such a way that the repayments are less than the amount you save by installing the measures in the first place – meaning it’s not quite free, but it’s as good as!
The final step of the process is the install. We can help here, too. We’ll organise all the paperwork, arrange your finance and/or funding, co-ordinate the installation and complete it. Our highly skilled workforce have many years of experience across all aspects of the construction industry and all trade backgrounds. The team can turn their hands to anything – and regularly go the extra mile to make sure you are more than happy.
There are a lot of options for making your home more efficient. Depending on the current energy rating of your home, we could recommend you install one or many of the following measures, some of which could be delivered at little or no cost to you:
- Gas and Oil Fired Condensing Boilers
- Warm air units
- Radiant Heating
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning controls
- Fan assisted replacement storage heaters
- Under-floor heating
- Mechanical ventilation with heat recovery
- Flue gas recovery devices
- Variable speed drives for fans and pumps
- Cavity wall insulation
- Loft or rafter insulation
- Roof Insulation
- Internal and external wall insulation
- Draught proofing
- Floor Insulation
- Heating system insulation (cylinder, pipes and ducts)
- Lighting systems, controls and fittings
- Water efficient systems, taps and showers
- Hot water controls (including timers and temperature control)
- Cylinder thermostats
- Waste water heat recovery attached to showers
- Ground Air and water source heat pumps
- Solar water heating
- Solar PV
- Micro wind turbines
- Biomass boilers and room heaters
- Replacement glazing
- Secondary glazing
- Solar blinds, shutters and shading device
- High performance external doors
Many of the funding options for the above measures can be blended. For example, you may wish to insulate your suspended timber floor and fund some of it via Green Deal, some via grant and the remainder via your own funds.
We believe we offer the most flexible Green Deal services in the UK. We were told by some officials that we had more live Green Deal loans processed than any other company in the UK for quite some time. As new initiatives come to the fore, our knowledge and experience means that we get it into the public domain before anyone else and deliver on time, as promised.