Customer Privacy Notice
Westdale Group of companies are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
Your personal data is data which by itself, or alongside other data available to us, can be used to identify you. Westdale Services Ltd is the data controller. This privacy notice sets out how we use your personal data. You can contact Westdale Services at Doncaster Road, Askern, Doncaster, DN6 9JD if you have any questions.
The types of personal data we collect and use
Whether or not you become a customer we will use your personal data for reasons set out below, and if you become a customer we’ll use it to manage the service applied for. We will collect most of this information directly when you apply for our product / services. The sources of personal data collected indirectly are mentioned in this statement.
The personal data we may collect and use:
- Full name, address including postcode, email address and telephone numbers
- Date of birth, address history
- Bank account details for payment of services/products
- Information from credit reference agencies, if required for finance
- Family, lifestyle or social circumstances if relevant to the product/service
- Employment details/status for credit and fraud prevention purposes if relevant to the product/service
- Energy Bills and usage
- Employment details/status
Providing your Personal Data
We will advise you if providing some personal data is optional, including if we ask for your consent to process it. In all other cases you must provide your personal data so we can process your application
Monitoring of Communications
Subject to applicable laws we may monitor and record calls, emails and other communications in relation to your dealings with us as deemed necessary. We’ll do this for regulatory compliance, self regulatory practices, crime prevention and detection, to check for obscene or profane content, for quality control and staff training.
Using your Personal Data: Legal Basis and Purposes for Processing Data
We’ll process your personal data:
- As necessary to perform our contract with you for the relevant services
- To take steps at your request prior to entering into it
- To decide whether to enter into it
- To manage and perform that contract
- To update our records
- To trace your whereabouts to contact you about your account and recovering debt
- As necessary for our own legitimate interests or those of other persons and organisations e.g:
- For good governance, accounting, and managing and auditing our business operations;
- To search at credit reference agencies if applying for credit
- To monitor emails, calls and other communications regarding your account/order
- As necessary to comply with a legal obligation e.g:
- When you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests;
- For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and related disclosures
- For establishment and defence of legal rights;
- For activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime
- To verify your identity, make credit, fraud prevention checks
- To monitor emails, calls, other communications and activities relating to your account/order
- Based on your consent, e.g.
- When you request us to disclose your personal data to other people or organisations such as a company handling a claim or finance on your behalf, or otherwise agree to disclosures
- When we process any special categories of personal data about you at your request (e.g. race, ethnic origin, religion, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning your health
You are free at any time to change your mind and withdraw our consent. The consequence might be that we are unable to offer certain products or services.
Sharing or your persona data
- Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your personal data with:
- The Westdale group of companies
- Subcontractors and other companies who help us provide your products and services
- Companies and other persons providing services to us
- Our legal and other professional advisors including our auditors
- Fraud prevention agencies, credit reference agencies
- Other organisations who use shared databases income verification/affordability checks and to manage/collect arrears
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements and for the administration of justice;
- With our finance company on a shared database
- To protect the security or integrity of our business operations
- Anyone else where we have your consent or as required by law
Credit Reference Checks
If you’ve applied for a credit to finance a product / service then in order to process your application, we’ll need to perform credit and identity checks on you with one or more credit reference agencies. To do this we’ll need to supply your personal data to the credit reference agencies to enable them to score you for us to then verify you for any finance which may be available. The way in which the credit agency may use and share personal information is explained in the Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (CRAIN) document which can be accessed via experian.co.uk/crain
- Retention in case of queries – We’ll retain your personal data as long as necessary to deal with your queries.
- Retention in case of claims – We’ll retain your personal data for as long as you might legally bring claims against us
- Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements – We’ll retain your personal data after the service provided to you has come to an end based on our legal and regulatory requirements.
Your rights under applicable data protection law
- You have the right to be informed about our processing of your personal data
- You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed
- You have the right to object to processing of your personal data
- You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data
- You have the right to have your personal data erased (the right to be forgotten)
- You have the right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- You have the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (data portability)
- You have the rights in relation to automated decision making including profiling
You have the right to complain for the Information Commissioner’s Office. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law: ico.org.uk
For more details on all of the above you can contact the Data Protection Officer at Westdale Services at Doncaster Road, Askern, Doncaster, DN6 9JD.